Monday, June 14, 2004

My Journey

It has been a long and rough emotional journey for me for the past few months. But today I went in By myself and heard what my former manager and his supervisor had to say about me to my former co-workers.
I think they were kind of stunned and caught of guard. I spoke to Mike a fellow whom I hold a lot of respect for and I said that he might be able to come but he said I really need to get my story out.

I feel that I have a lot to offer the world but there are days that I just want to quite. I wish that I wasn't a kind carrying bitch who thinks with her heart first. I hate it when my cultural thinking gets in the dammed way. Living and working in a world that values money and numbers more then they value culture and every human beings well being. Just pisses me off. This is the kind of crap that is just eating away at me internally. I wish that I could just detach from this.

I want to thank the creator for putting people like my sisters and brothers in my realm who have been with me for the past few months. Tomorrow I hope that this is truly just the beginning of a brighter future.

My sisters are some of the coolest ones. Tomorrow really is my birthday and they and there partners are are doing a pipe ceremony before I go into the healing circle. Then there is another group that wants to have a get together at my place afterwords. Which I think is I really don't what to think at this time because I have never been one to have anyone come over to my own personal space and now they whole gang want to come over and have a birthday party or something like that.
My sisters want to come to this circle just to support me even though they know that it is only suppose to be between me and the my former boss. They reminded me that we are still family first.
They are doing a pipe ceremony for me just before the healing circle.

I went to the staff meeting today at 3pm which was apart of the mediation agreement I think it was good to see the staff. It was really hard for me to walk through those doors and sit there and listen to Don read the letter. Melanie and most of the staff were there hope that this is the right thing to do. I really don't want to create any more pain for them.

I was very candid with them and told them how hard it was for me to be there and not break down and that I knew that I could only be there for a few minutes. So all together I think was there for about ten minutes if that. I also told them that it would mean a lot if everyone go come so that we could all begin the healing process. I told them that the Lawyer and the employment equity and aboriginal officer would be there.
I really hope that time does heal.

No comments: