Thursday, August 26, 2004

Uncertainty

I hate this feeling of uncertainty. Just as I think things are starting to final turn in the right direction for me. I get this phone call. It is NTU/O child and Family services. They phone and offer me a full time job at minimum wage for the next three months. I figure this would be great. At this stage I am willing to do just about anything.
Both James and I have been unemployed for a year now. I have been actively looking for work and going to school full time. Only had one person last Christmas over to hire me. I was never called back again after the initial interview. James want through some kind of a weird depression and retreated back into his acrophobia state of surviving after my hospital stint. He stayed in that state for several months. All through this time he was yaking about doing foot massages at people work sights and on the streets instead of begging for change. I realized that he was having trouble doing this on his own.
Having a partner that needed a little boos was something to me because I had become accustom to having people in my life who could operate on their own. I had never had the experience of having someone so closed in wanting to do foot massages on anyone who would let him do it on them.

So I spent a lot of time in the inner harbor helping him get Victoria's first out door foot massage going. That is how we survived and kept out sanity throughout the summer. Now James wants to continue on bring his ten minute treatments to people's home and work sights just like he did when he was living back east. I don't know if it will work but I am thinking what the heck the man wants to work and knows that he doesn't want to exist on welfare and know that he can't return back to heavy lifting. So who know this just might turn out yet for us. We have managed to stay of off welfare thanks to a lot of my friends who helped us with a lot of emotional support and financial stuff. The support has been just awsome.

I keep in encouraging James to go get one of those certificates. He is so good at giving massages. He has gone being a closed in person to an all out foot massage professional.

As for me I am still out there fighting and being the warrior woman I am. So until next time. Rose

No comments: