Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More Stuff About Education April 2006

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I never thought that there would be a time in my life that I would be happy that I am able to attend school. Today at this monent I an glad that I am still sticking to it even thought the program at VNFC has closed for the season. I am still going to be attending English 094 at Lansdowne campus for at least May and June. I would like to say that I will be be here for July and August too because I want to desperately over come the battle of Rose verse English. For me this battle has been going on for at least twenty years and now I want to conquer it. I also now that if I take anytime off of doing my schooling then I tend to become very lazy in my commitment to myself and then the struggle become harder for me as I age. Because for years I never considered myself as a worthy person. But myself image has changed as I age. So now my age , race, lack of a good education, physique and gender can be a barrier or not. I know that it is a daily process that I must excercise. For me this is a struggle because self decipline is not easy for myself because it does not come naturally like my abilities to do public speaking does. It is something that I have to teach myself. I now understand that I am going to need this training for what ever the creator has in mind for my future. Even if this means I am seen as a community leader, advocate, activist or student for life.
So remember to be kind to yourself. Read something for yourself pleasure at least once a day. Read to your family on a daily bases because literacy is a small part of solution to eliminating another barrier to our poverty. This last sentence I was a bite reluctant to include it because I am struggling to stay away from anything that is remotely linked to any discussions that might incite a negative thought. But then I my old self said go a head and put it in there because this reveals a small part of the way I am currently looking at life. So everyone be safe and have a good summer.


--
Rose
Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation.
John F. Kennedy
35th president of US 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Rose...good luck on this journey. It's so refreshing to read of the vulnerability of our leaders. This post feels honest and compelling...I've enjoyed working with you in the past, and this is why I think...you just lay it out on the line and confront challenges honestly.

Peace...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose Al here, you took the first steps when you began volunteering on RedZone, it took great courage to confront your fears head on and you did. Now look, while the going may be difficult the payoff is great. Your appearance or whatever else is not what matters, it is what is in your heart